Canine Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
04.-06. September 2016, Frankfurt
The course will be presented by
M. Christine Zink, DVM, PhD, DACVP, DACVSMR
Canine Sports Medicine provides students with a fundamental understanding of structure and locomotion as they relate to performance, and an introduction to canine sporting events. Sports injuries in canine athletes are covered in depth including their causes, prevention and rehabilitation. The role that psychology can play in the rehabilitation of the canine athlete is also discussed. Participants get hands-on experience with dogs on site.
Seminar Language English
This 3-day course is open to all veterinarians (DVM) and human physical therapists.
This course is RACE approved by the AAVSB.
ATF: 25 hours
Please note: Students who do not attend a full day of class will not receive any CE credit hours for that day and may have to return to make up the missing hours.
Course Fee: EUR 1,500
Topics Covered Include:
- Canine sporting events: the organizations that oversee them and the breeds that participate
- Anatomical structures and locomotion as they relate to canine performance
- Gait assessment and retraining
- Lameness evaluation
- Canine sports injuries: causes, prevention and targeted rehabilitation
- Conditioning for the canine athlete
- Erogenic drugs (ethical and unethical)
- Nutrition and supplements for the canine athlete
- Canine sports psychology and how it can effect rehabilitation
- Classes are held each day from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sunday and Monday and from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Tuesday. There is a 1-hour break for lunch. At the end of DAY 3, students are given an open-book, take-home final exam that they have 30 days to complete. Collaboration with fellow classmates is encouraged.
Praxis für Tiermedizin & Chiropraktik,
Dr. Alexandra Keller & Dr.Wolfgang Mayrhofer
Golfstr. 35, 60528 Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport-North
Isenburger Schneise 40
EUR 104,00 single bedroom
EUR 124,00 double bedroom
VAT and breakfast incl.
Reserve by 16th July
mention „CRI-CSM Frankfurt“
Booking with formula
Fax +49 69 6802 888
Information and Registration:
Please contact Dr. Alexandra Keller, Praxis für Tiermedizin & Chiropraktik
Please make bank transfer to:
Dr. Alexandra Keller „CRI-CSM Frankfurt 2016“
Deutsche Apotheker- und Ärztebank
BIC (SWIFT) Code: DAAEDEDD
IBAN Code: DE72300606010306936350
Registration in order of incoming payment
Right of cancellation for participants:
4 weeks up to 2 weeks prior to the event 50% of fee refund,
later than 2 weeks prior to the event refund of seminar fees cannot be warranted.